Join Ananda as she scours the planet for traditional medicinal and healing practices

Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Chaos Before the Storm

I have been dutifully researching information on the beloved mistletoe. I was going to write an entry about its how its symbolism, mythology (Norse and Celtic) is related to it's healing properties. How the energy, understanding, and perhaps even gestalt of the plant relates to the process of healing... but then I got sidetracked - and perhaps I'll even return to the topic someday.

But for today I write from a chaotic state of packing and fretting. Knowing full well that fear attracts itself in an endless cycle and that fear can be the cause of dis-ease - but for now as a voyage into the unknown is approaching and my room is in the state of a disastrous attempt at packing I'm going to indulge myself in my own private melodrama - and hopefully come out the other end to tell you all about it.

In the meantime I thought it would be a good time to talk about the interconnectedness of the web of life. I'll call this the interweb (and yes I realize this word has other connotations -but it really fits my intentions quite nicely).

I find it difficult to understand how we will ever heal the planet on a macrocosmic scale when we continue to dump toxins into our own bodies - a microcosmic representation of the earth. How will we get it together to stop releasing greenhouse gases when people continue to smoke commercially sold cigarettes that are loaded with some of the most toxic substances known to man (and yes I'm guilty too - I've been known to indulge in the occasional smoke). We need to change our personal habits, thereby creating a change in global consciousness. Environmentalism begins at home - and if we don't respect our personal bodies how are we expected to respect the greater stellar body that we call home?

Global consciousness is beginning a small progressive shift towards respecting the planet, but it seems that the machinery of capitalism, politics, and the bottom line is has a momentum far to great to be easily stopped by the protests of the few. But the way our personal health reflects the health of the whole, what we do to the planet we do to ourselves. I know none of this is new info, but I feel we all need to be reminded over and over again. And if this is a blog dedicated to healing, then mention of planetary healing is in order.

So lets all make a new year's resolution to heal ourselves, thereby healing the planet, thereby healing each other.

No comments: